Sunday, April 9

More wreaths and a wee bit of sewing..........

It's only been a little over a week and here I am back again. Wow! Maybe I will finally get back in the groove of blogging!
After I "refreshed" my front porch wreath, I was inspired to make a couple more grapevine wreaths for gifts. I had seen these crosses at Hobby Lobby and thought......"oh, those would look so pretty on a small grapevine wreath". And so last Monday, that's what I did.......made these two wreaths........
I made this one for our Family Room next to the kitchen. It's a 10" wreath so it's more petite than it looks in the photo. 


And I made this one for our pastor, Rev. Deb Meyer, here at St. Paul's UCC in Henderson. This wreath is about 12" in diameter.


I've bought supplies to make more wreaths because I just find it very soothing. I've made many wreaths over the years and it's been fun to find that creative spark they offer when choosing the flowers, the ribbons that make the wreath turn out just right! I find that in quilting, too, or making penny rugs, or clay crafting. Let's face it, I just like to craft and sew. LOL! 
Speaking of sewing, I did some of that this past week. I made curtains for my grandson Jacob's bedroom. He's a soccer fan and we found some fabric at Hobby Lobby. Just realized I haven't loaded that photo so will have to share it later. Also worked on some pretty pink and green pillow cases for my pink guest bedroom. I had plans to work on a couple of small Easter quilt projects this weekend, but wasn't feeling all that well so I just "laid low" .... translation~lounged on the couch and scrolled through Facebook posts and Pinterest. Oh, and I did get the laundry done. Tomorrow may be a day to make the Easter quilt projects. And I might make another little wreath. It's amazing what creative energy it gives me to make a little wreath and call it "done" so quickly!  Til next time........Have a great Monday and an awesome week!
Sandi


4 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Pretty wreaths, Sandi. It's nice to be able to change them out for the season too.

julieQ said...

Gorgeous wreaths, Sandi!!!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

My BFF made me a huge wreath, well over 20 years ago, and it's moved with us, from house to house. That is her kind of crafting, while quilting is my kind of crafting.

Marit Johanne said...

Your wreaths are beautiful! You are very creative.Happy Easter to you!

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018