Wednesday, December 17

Christmas pins!

I'm pretty sure that I have shared this little quilt before but I like it so I am giving it a re-run. LOL! This is the final little quilt in a series of twelve small wall quilts that I made in 2000 to celebrate the Millennium.................

I was never quite happy with it because I made my wreath shape just a bit too boxy. I was always going to add some appliques and never did. Then a couple years ago, I had a bright idea......"decorate the wreath with all your Christmas pins, Sandi!" And so I did! I hang the quilt from the little quilt rack/shelf in our family room next to the kitchen. When I want to wear a pin, I just go to the quilt and pick the one that goes with whatever I'm wearing. One of these days, I will make another version of this quilt and get that wreath in better shape.
Speaking of "better shape"..........I'm a little "off" today. Have had a nagging heading that went away in the afternoon then came back after supper. Could it be that I have been doing a little too much Christmas decorating and stuff, just need a rest? Could be. I took a nap after I ran some errands this afternoon and felt really good when I woke up. Now I'm thinking my best bet is just to go to bed early.......it is only 10:30 here in Minnesota........and perhaps when I wake in the morning, I will be rested and ready to go for a great day. I need to finish my Christmas cards tomorrow so that will be a relaxing chore. Then some final shopping on Friday and I'll be ready for Christmas! :-)
Sandi

5 comments:

EL RINCON DE CHELO said...

Precioso adorno para Navidad, besos

Kate said...

Those pins were just the thing for your wreath - don't you love it when an idea suddenly appears and was worth waiting for! Take care of yourself.

Judy1522 said...

Great idea for all your Christmas pins plus when they are visible you won't forget to wear them.

Christine M said...

I think that is such a clever idea for your Christmas pins, Sandi.

Beth said...

What a wonderful idea, putting your pins on the wreath. Now all the pins get to be seen even when you aren't wearing them.

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018