Thursday, November 27

Happy Thanksgiving!


Sending greetings to all of you who celebrate Thanksgiving! May you have a wonderful holiday with family and friends! May their be plenty to eat and plenty to share! Counting our blessing here! ! I am so thankful for family and friends both near and far. Thankful that both my kids have good jobs and while they won't be here at Thanksgiving, they will be here at Christmas.  Son, Devlin has to work tomorrow and daughter Collette, Daryl and Jacob will go to Daryl's mom's for dinner. I took pie, some fudge and other goodies to Devlin and co-workers yesterday. Fudge always wins smiles. He texted today and said that they were really enjoying the goodies that I brought!! Steve will be cooking the turkey here and I will be making the stuffing and the sweet potatoes. He didn't want a pie, instead wanted poppyseed muffins. First time I have ever made poppyseed muffins for Thanksgiving! We are blessed to have food on the table, a roof over our heads, and while our health had some speed bumps this past year, we are getting back on track. I am thankful for my dear parents, my sister and my brother. Miss my dad and wish peace for my mother. She is having a bit of a health bump so if you could lift up a little prayer for her that would be greatly appreciated. 

This little quilt is one of my twelve quilts made in the Millennium, one for each month. Yes, if you can find only one blessing in your life, that is certainly more than none! We are all more blessed than we know sometimes!
Wishing you all a lovely Thanksgiving and safe travel if you are "out and about". Wherever you are, have a great day!
Sandi

2 comments:

Kate said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours Sandi!

Laura in IA said...

Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving and prayers for your mother.

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018