Monday, October 28

What's on the line? it's a re-run again.........

That's right, it's another re-run. I had great plans to finish a couple of Halloween projects and get them "on the line" but it's just not happening. They are all "on the list" for next Halloween! In the meantime, here is the quilt I made last year and gave to my daughter, Collette, to hang at her daycare/preschool.


The cottage design is from Nanette over at Freda's*Hive and you can find the tutorial for the blocks here.  I made a slight change as I chose to center the windows instead of having them next to the door. It's a fun and easy block to make. In fact, one of those projects that I thought I'd get to this Halloween is a stack of cottage blocks for a quilt for me!  It was fun to pick out all the pieces for the roofs, fussy-cut the pumpkins and ghosts for the windows and then add some rick-rack and buttons to make it all "scream" Halloween!
 
I am almost finished with a small quilt that I plan to hang on my front porch for Halloween. Look for it on Thursday! And if you stopped by last Monday, you might be wondering who won the little Noah's Ark fabric panel............and that winner is
RockGranny.  As soon as I get a reply with her address, the little panel will go on it's way!
It was a lovely weekend, very relaxing which was good as I am still catching up on sleep from last week's trip to Iowa. More on that later. Have a great Monday, a good start to a "howling" good week!
Sandi

5 comments:

Pat said...

This is such an eye-catching quilt. I bet the kids in the daycare love looking it over and seeing all those "things" looking out the windows at them.

Needled Mom said...

What a cute Halloween quilt for the school! It isn't even scary.

Beth said...

I remember that quilt and how much I love it!!! The fussy cuts. The fabrics. And I can hardly resist any kind of house quilt.
I discovered when I took out my Halloween quilts this year in the apartment that I have way too many. I need to share them.

Nanette Merrill said...

Lately my thing is to read but I rarely comment anymore. I want to, I just can't. But I have to stop and smile and enjoy the halloween house quilt. It is so cute. It is so fun to see it again. Love love it. Love you.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

At least I'm not the only one struggling to get things done. Hope you get your things finished soon.

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018