Monday, June 10

What's on the line? and a little update.....

This pretty quilt that is "on the line" today is one that my dad, Melvin, bought for my mother, Mary. It's machine appliqued by a company in New York. Will research the name and will be back in a bit with more info......

Okay.........so I intended to be "back in a bit". Got sidetracked, of course. Lots of projects going on at our house and I didn't stay focused on doing the research on this quilt. But, now I have info about it, sort of. Here's what I discovered........While the quilt is very pretty, I had the funny feeling it was not made in the U.S., even though there's a label on the quilt that says "Arch Quilts, Elmsford, NY".  So I googled the name and if you go here, you can read where this quilt was likely made. I am sure that the colors "caught the eye" of my dad when he saw this one. He may even have thought it was a vintage quilt but the applique is heavily machine stitched and the edging is just not very well done. It just looked like a manufactured quilt and that's most likely what it is. Regardless.........it still has charm, looks lovely on a bed and is really pretty hanging on my clothesline. :-) 
So, it's late Monday night as I update this so .............. here's wishing you a really good week!
Sandi

9 comments:

Christine M said...

That is such a pretty quilt Sandi.g

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Lovely!

Carol said...

So beautiful.
Carol xx

Marie said...

gorgeous!

Beth said...

What a sweet, soft, lovely quilt. I can see it on some white wicker in the sunroom. ;)

Nanette Merrill said...

Your dad always gave the nicest quilts.

Chickadee Chatter said...

it's beautiful Sandi, can you tell how old it is?

Pat said...

It is a very pretty-looking quilt, regardless of when or where it was made.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

What matters is if the quilt touches the heart. I have a lovely teapot quilt with matching pillow sham and ruffle, but, they were made in China. I knew that when I purchased them. I don't care, I like them. That is a pretty quilt with pretty colors.

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018