Tuesday, February 12

Thinking of Mr. Lincoln...........

Time is flying by and yes, I've not been blogging but that's just because I've been busy stitching and a whole lot of other stuff. I'll share my projects soon. In the meantime............Everyone of you that quilts, sews, stitches or crafts knows that there is not enough time in the day for all the fun stuff we love to do. And so here's another bit of fun stuff to add to that "to do" list!  I received an e-mail with a link to a free e-book from Fons and Porter and it's full of log cabin projects.........perfect for celebrating this day.......the birthday of Abraham Lincoln!! Now I'm not saying that the Log Cabin block was named for him but Honest Abe is often featured in a log cabin setting. He built his log cabins from logs..........we build ours from strips/logs of fabric!
In the book......"Build Your Best Log Cabin".....

you'll find everything that one needs to know to make a Log Cabin quilt ......or a Courthouse steps variation and more. My favorite quilt in the book is the first one pictured called "Barn Raising Log Cabin". It reminds me of an old quilt that my Aunt Marian made in the 1950's. Take a few minutes and check out the book here and see which project you like best. You might just find a project to add to your "to do" list!
Have a good day! I'll be back soon.
Sandi

5 comments:

Marie said...

missed you!

Karen said...

Log Cabin style quilts are a favorite style for me. I am always drawn to them. Love seeing them on blogs. No matter what colors or design layout.

Beth said...

I love log cabin quilts. It is on my want to do list. Actually I made a small one in Red white and blue, but I want to make a big one.
Thanks for the link and se ya on FB

Needled Mom said...

Thanks for the link. I always enjoy log cabin quilts.

Astrid said...

Good to see you here again! :) I love log cabin quilts and I had to get this book too. Some lovely quilts there.

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018