Saturday, January 28

Party Time!

Last Saturday at this time, we were hosting a party at our house for my husband's friends and co-workers. It was a great night and everyone had a good time. We had a lot of food and so there was plenty to eat and everyone said they enjoyed the evening. The weather cooperated, too, which is not always the case in Minnesota in January!


The party was a celebration of two occasions..........one was the celebration of our new house which is now five years old. Takes us awhile to celebrate. LOL! It was also a time to celebrate friendships because the company my husband works for is down-sizing so some friends have already been let go, others soon will be and some in the fall which is when my husband's end-date is scheduled. He and at least one other co-worker at the party have worked at the same place for 37 years! That's a long time and one often sees co-workers more than family so they almost become family. Many years ago I worked for a company that went through more than one "down-sizing" and it is not all that much fun. As many of you know, your work friends are often a significant part of your daily life and when that ends, well, it's kind of a bummer.  Ah, but we are already planning an outdoor party for when the weather warms up so we'll invite everyone back again.  And then.........a funny thing happened at the party when I took the ladies - both co-workers and wives of co-workers up to my sewing room. They were excited about a lot of the projects they saw in my room and especially my penny rugs. Soooooooooooo.........this happy group..........


is going to come back in April and we're going to take over my husband's basement TV room and have a Penny Rug Party. My quilty friends know how I love to party so we will definitely have a fun time!  If I have the names right........they are left to right.......

Rose, Jeanie, Laura, Margaret, Kathy, Stephanie, Berniece, Laura, and Nora. 

It was Jeanie's idea that we use Steve's area because we can set up tables and spread out. Great idea, so I got the okay from him and we are making our plans. He wondered, though, why they would be interested in learning how to make penny rugs. And my reply to him..........why does he spend time watching cars go around in circles every Sunday afternoon during NASCAR season? We all have our hobbies, don't we?
I don't usually post on the weekend anymore but just had to share how much fun we had at our party and more fun to come. You all have a lovely Sunday!
Sandi

5 comments:

Needled Mom said...

It looks like it was a wonderful time, Sandi. Your weather has certainly been beautiful for entertaining this year.

Kate said...

Sounds like such fun! How nice for you ladies to be getting together for a penny rug session - enjoy.

Pat said...

YAY for a Penny Rug Party!!! I'm sure they will all have a terrific time! I so love the tulip piece I made with your pattern. It sure looks like everyone had a super time there...thanks for sharing the photos.

Beth said...

Looks like everyone was enjoying the party. A penny rug party sounds like lots of fun. I love penny rugs. I know the rugs will be beautiful with you there to help them.

Denise :) said...

Oh my, what fun it all sounds! It looks like a LOT of fun! :)

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018