Sunday, January 1

2012 is here!

I hope you have enjoyed a great start to this new year! My day got off to an interesting start as I settled down to watch the Tournament of Roses Parade only to discover news programs. Oh, boy, I should have checked the TV schedule because it all happens tomorrow. LOL! 
Today was a blustery day. It started late last night with snow and then in the wee hours of the morning the winds arrived. I took this photo in "the calm before the storm"...........


Those stockings have hung on our porch the last couple Christmas holidays and this may be their last year. The wind and sun take a toll on anything that I put outside. If they have to go, I'll make new ones. I'm already planning a stocking project for August of 2012. More on that in a future post. What I really like about those stockings is the word JOY !!!!

JOY is one of my favorite words. I like to wish people joy, I hope they enjoy their day, and sometimes when sadness comes, there is even joy in sadness. It's a good word. I also like the word Delight. I love to surprise friends and family with little things that give them Delight!!!  I'm going to add Delight to lots of posts this coming year. I'm also going to keep sharing JOY! And I'm going to share another word  ........ Christmas! ....... because I plan to keep Christmas all year long! I love Christmas, the whole season, all of the stories, the decorations, the music. It all makes me smile, makes me so happy! It all brings me
JOY!!!

and more
JOY!!!


These are just a few of the ornaments on my tree. More tomorrow. Happy New Year for today!! See ya tomorrow.........
Sandi
Happy 2012!!

2 comments:

Miss Hillbilly said...

I love the rose parade too. I had to google as to why I wasn't seeing it. I guess we know what we'll be watching in the morning!

Beth said...

Joy is a great word. I know you bring joy to a lot of people with all you do.

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018