Monday, October 31

What's on the line?

Well, since today is Halloween, there is nothing on the line as I am busy getting ready for the Trick or Treaters that I hope I'll see tonight. If you want to see a little something Halloween "on-the-line", you can check out my post from last year ... just go here.
I do have a little Halloween fun, though. I'd like to introduce Percy the Pumpkin along with Boris the Bat at his elbow and Spike the Spider on his hand.....

Hello! My name is Percy Pumpkin.
I may look like a Country Bumpkin
but I am really one “hip cat”,
just ask my friend, he’s Boris Bat.
The 60’s were the years for me
and, Spike, the spider would agree.
Bright colors, lemons, limes and such
and neon orange were not too much.
It’s cool to wear these colors, Man.
I’m not a guy for wearing tan.
They’ll see me coming in the dark.
I’ll glow as I walk through the park.
The lady pumpkins, they’ll cry out.
“Hey, Percy, could we walk about?”
And as we stroll the avenue,
I’ll tip my hat to all of you.
I’ll wish you all this Halloween,
a night that’s fun and really keen.
A night that’s filled with lots of treats,
but don’t over-eat on all those sweets!
For if you do, then in the night,
dreams of ghosts may cause a fright.
So, keep your cool and have some fun!
Happy Halloween to everyone!

©Sandra E. Andersen 2000-2011


Percy first appeared on my blog in October of 2008 as host for a Fall giveaway. I thought he might like to visit again. He was "born" in the year 2000 when I made him for a pumpkin decorating contest hosted by the Prior Lake Arts Society. All the fabrics for Percy came from a bag of scraps given to me by, Linda, a fellow member of the Arts group. As I stitched Percy together, I was thinking.......and the poem about Percy is the result of those thoughts. Someday, I'm going to make his cousin, Disco Danny and write a poem about him. Also, planning Sister Sally someday..... :-)
Have a BOOOOOOO-tiful Halloween everyone!
Sandi

You may share the blog link to this post about Percy the Pumpkin but do not post the poem or photo to your blog or any other group without my permission. Thanks!

10 comments:

Pat said...

Percy is so cute and your poem is terrific! Enjoy your Halloween and I hope you get lots of trick-or-treaters tonight!

annemarie said...

So cute - you are amazing. Happy Halloween.

Donna said...

Percy Pumpkin got a smile from me! He is so cute!

Needled Mom said...

Very cute, Sandi. Happy Halloween.

Diane Wild said...

I didn't know you were also a poet. Have a great time tonight. I got Minnie's costume finished this morning and she's ready for the tricks & treaters. Visit my blog to check her out. http://bearlywild.blogspot.com

Snoodles said...

Still giggling at your fabulous poem! Love Percy and his crew --- enjoy your trick or treaters tonight!

Unknown said...

adorable:)

Ulla's Quilt World said...

Hi! Greetings from Finland! I love that! IT's so fantastic! Thank you so much for your lovely blog! It's so nice to find other quilters all around the world! :)

Kathy in GA said...

Sandi - love Percy and his poem! So cute and just what I needed tonight!

Sandra said...

Percy is so cute.

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018