Monday, October 25

"What's on the line?"

Halloween fun is on the line today!! This is another photo that I took a few weeks ago when the weather was much warmer. That will be the case from now on. The weather here will not be good for outdoor photo sessions! Yesterday's weather was foggy and gloomy, so that was great for staying indoors and doing lots of sewing! Since this is Minnesota, it won't be long before the weather could be snowy!
The quilt is called "Boo-tiful Halloween" and is one of the twelve small quilts I made in 2000. It has loops and hangs from a tree branch when it's hung for Halloween. When I designed this little quilt, I thought of houses that we would pass when we were kids trick-or-treating in my hometown of Lehigh, Iowa. Granted, there were no tombstones in anyones back yard but I do remember spooky looking trees!!

There are two more little Halloween quilts to share...........
I just cut a group of patchwork shapes and stitched them together and then added some shapes that I sketched and cut from cotton (backed with fusible and ironed in place). I made two of these in 2000 - one for me and one for my daughter.
The year before that, I made this little sampler quilt. If you want to make one, too, you will find the pattern here . It's quick and easy. If you have any trouble printing the pages, just e-mail me for a pdf file.

I have never been fond of the color orange but when autumn rolls around, I love it. And for Halloween, I really like it!!! I was going to post a photo of the current orange themed Halloween project that I'm working on but I got so busy sewing that I never got to any picture taking. Maybe by tomorrow, I'll get a couple photos taken and show you what I worked on this past weekend.

Have a good Monday!
Sandi

10 comments:

Pat said...

I have a little Halloween quilt that I should finish.....my little granddaughter helped me start it in the summer when she visited. Your Halloween quilts are all so cute!

Crispy said...

Cute wallhangings. It's a good thing that Halloween needs orange fabrics or the fabric companies would never produce that color LOL.

Crispy

Karen said...

I love Halloween quilts. I was looking through some left over Halloween fabrics this morning but no inspiration and not enough time.

luv2quilt2 said...

Cute little quilts!

Needled Mom said...

So cute! I love seeing all of the Halloween quilts.

I love the color orange as well as the other autumn colors.

Missouri Gal said...

I love the wall hangings! They are adorable!

Kim B said...

These are so adorable. I may try to do one before Halloween...I better hurry. Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful week.

Beth said...

Cute Halloween quilts. I will have to make that last little one, but for next year.
I am like you, no nt really an orange lover, but at this time of year, I love it.
Thanks for sharing.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Really cute!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandi, you once mentioned that you like Sunbonnet Sue, so thought you might want to check this out:

website - tomorrowsheirlooms.cc - it's a quilting shop in Corpus Christi, Tx. Click on FunnyBone from site menu under BROWSE. also under Free -ecards link.

Enjoy!! Mary B

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018