Tuesday, March 30

OPAM finishes for March!

I am checking off items on my "to do" list and realized I better get hoppin' and post the finished projects for the OPAM challenge. I posted a photo of these pillows earlier this month and said I'd finish them and I did. I made them a priority when I was at Heidi's retreat a couple of weeks ago. I am having some fun creating these sort of "collage" pages. I photographed front and back so you can see that they are not pinned together just so I can call them "finished". LOL!
The green fabric in the photos above did not want to photograph quite right. The true color of the green is shown in the photo that shows the back of the pillow.

The pink and white polka dot I used in this pillow is some vintage stuff I've had and thought it was perfect for this pillow.
And.......I have a bonus project! I also took these two panels to the retreat that were for a bag made from Nanette's "Mixed Bag" pattern. I was sure I could finish it up but all I got done was cutting the trim for the top of the bag. Yesterday, after I got home from assisting the Easter Bunny, I decided I was going to finish it, and "sew" I did!! Please note that I didn't quite make it right, or at least according to the pattern directions. I've made the bag before and did it wrong then, too, but I liked the effect so did it again. LOL! Nanette sewed the lining seperately but I made the pieced panel, then hand-quilted it to a lining fabric and sewed those two pieces together. To cover my seams on the inside, I cut bias strips and sewed them over the seam. It was a bit time-consuming but I like the look when I peek inside the bag. I bought wicker handles on clearance at JoAnn's quite some time ago and they were perfect for this 30's reproduction print bag. It's a project bag for some hand-work that I want to take along to places this summer.


It feels so good to finish projects!! Now, in my next post I really will tell you about my Easter Bunny project............... but first I have to do some real life stuff and finish cleaning the bathrooms...........housework never ends, it just waits patiently to be done. :-)

Sandi

7 comments:

I Purr-Furr to Craft said...

Congratulations on those beautiful finished works, they are simply lovely. Forget about housework!

Kaye said...

Good job on the pillows and I Love the tote bag, the pink Lather handles are the perfet finishing touh

Jocelyn said...

Love the tote bag. It turned out beautifully.

Pat said...

OOOO..such pretty things! I didn't get to sew today, but I did scoot out briefly to mail my Good Eggs' prize to my winner. She is in Massachusetts, so it shouldn't take terribly long to get there from southern Delaware.

Pat from Florida said...

Great work, and we know they are 'finished'!

Bathrooms? Shmathrooms???

Catsngrams said...

Wow I love that bag and the pillow.
Two finishes you are so ambitious. Thanks for sharing and Happy Easter

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Sandi...what awesome designs and finishes.....Peg OPAM 2010

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018