Tuesday, March 2

Happy Birthday Wishes........

to my sister, Judy!! I think she must be just a few months old in this picture and it appears she is none too happy for some reason. Our mother, Mary, doesn't seem too worried and I am looking on as if she is just the sweetest little thing in the world. And she was and still is. Have a great day, Judy!
As I look at that photo, I am amazed at how much my own daughter looks look her Grandma Mary. I'd love to have that couch that we are all sitting on although if I remember right, it was pretty to look at, but a little scratchy to sit on. LOL! My mother did my hair in those ringlet curls and as my sister got older, she did Judy's hair in ringlets, too. It's so much fun to look at old pictures! As I was looking for a special photo to post for Judy's birthday, I found one that I will share of us at Easter. And speaking of Easter, I've got something special coming up that will keep you all hoppin'!! More on what that might be in my next post.
Have a good day!
Sandi

11 comments:

Owl Lady said...

I enjoyed seeing your ringlets. My mother called mine sausage curls, but they looked the same. I mostly remember having to sit still while she combed.
How fortunate you are to have a sister and a brother! As an only child, I always wished that I had a sister or brother.

Crispy said...

What a sweet picture, I bet you didn't always adore your sis, especially when she got into YOUR toys LOL. Happy Birthday to your little sis :0)

Crispy

Pat said...

What a great picture....and your sister and our quilting friend, Kaye, share a birthday (and it is the same birthday as Dr. Seuss).

Jocelyn said...

What a very sweet picture. What a blessing to have a sweet little sister. Wishing Judy a very Happy Birthday!

Needled Mom said...

Sooo sweet. Birthday blessings to your dear sister. I, too, love the old photos.

Kaye said...

Judi, Dr SEuss and I share the same birthday. Love the picture ybzwgznou posted and especially your curls, sooooo cute

Rae Ann said...

Sandi ~ Birhtday Wishes to your sister! Love your mom's curled bands in the picture. It so reminded of my mom.

Barb said...

Happy Birthday Judy!!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Great photo Sandi!

Joy said...

What a gawjus photo ... Sandi you look like a little Shirley Temple - how cute you are :o).
Happy Birthday Judy!!!
Hugs,
Joy ;o)

Anonymous said...

Such a precious picture!!! I love that era of pictures!
Thanks for sharing...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO sister JUDY!!!

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018