Thursday, March 4

Anniversary Celebration for Wooly Buddies!

On March 4th, 2008, I took the leap and started "Wooly Buddies". It's my Yahoo group for those who enjoy making penny rugs, doing wool applique, rug hooking, anything that has to do with wooly fibers! I can hardly believe that I have had the group two years.
When I first started it, I had almost no idea what I was doing. I often had to ask questions of my son and luckily had a couple friends who also hosted groups that kindly gave me help! This Friday evening, we are going to celebrate with some wooly fun in the group but I am also going to share some of that fun here on my blog. :-) I'll be posting a tutorial on Friday evening that I think you will all find fun and, of course, there is a story that goes with it because there is always a story connected to everything I do. LOL! Just like the poster below............


I've shared this photo before but it fits with this post so I'm using it again. My dentist gave it to me a year ago this past February. He's like lots of dentists who have posters on the ceiling of their offices. I always enjoy looking at them. I mentioned that I really liked this one. I told him it reminded me of my "Wooly Buddies" group and that we were about to celebrate our one year anniversary. He's heard me talk about quilts and penny rugs with Dana, his hygenist, so he understood what the group was about. When he finished taking care of my filling, he offered me the usual pack of gum.......or would I rather have the poster?! Well, I took the poster, of course. So now, "Ewe need to be patient" and I will be back with a tutorial that is going to have a bit of a "spring" to it. See you again on Friday evening............
Sandi

5 comments:

Crispy said...

Oh Oh a teaser LOL. Congratulations on 2 years of fun wooley stuff!!

Crispy

Pat said...

I'm sure the tutorial will be a great one!!! EWE always come up with wonderful ideas!!!

luv2quilt2 said...

I'm looking forward to your tutorial. You're so creative, it's bound to be great.

Needled Mom said...

What a great dentist! Happy anniversary.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

I'll have to check for the tutorial when I get back from Florida Sandi!
Have a great celebration!

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018