Thursday, May 7

What a gorgeous day! and my rug is on it's way!!

Wow, this is a beautiful day here in Minnesota! Perfect temperature, around 70, I think, and a perfect breeze for hanging clothes on the line except that they are in the dryer because I don't have a clothesline! I did string some clothesline between two trees so that I could take pictures of quilts but that doesn't really work for hanging clothes. Nobody wants bugs and sap on freshly laundered towels and sheets. Later on, I'm going out to take a couple of photos of quilt tops that I'll share this evening. Right now, I am cleaning some windows, doing laundry and have almost every window in the house open so that I can feel the breeze and hear the birds sing. I stood at my kitchen windows and listened to the sound as I ate my lunch and I felt like I was in an aviary at a zoo. What a chorus they were! I'll be back later but right now, I am off to wash the entry floor so it's ready for that rug I chose from CSNRugs. According to the tracking info, it's only 30 miles away and so it should be delivered later this afternoon. I'll be sure to share a photo of that along with quilt tops later this evening. Later........
Sandi

7 comments:

quiltingnana said...

glad you are having a great day...it's in the 70s here but rainy.

Nanette Merrill said...

People just don't hang out clothes anymore. I guess it is mostly easy to dry in the dryer. But nothing beats line dry. I have good memories of that. Yes, towels can get stiff in the air but it is good to scrub dry after a shower with a stiff towel now and then. It is beautiful weather here too. Sigh. Soon it will be very hot but now it is enjoyable.

Pat said...

We have been all over the place here today...clouds...then a brief period of sun but VERY humid...then rain....now sun again......mid-70's for the most part today. Anyway...I can't wait to see the rug. I have one of those umbrella type clotheslines and love to use it. I love the smell of things that come in off the clothesline...especially pillowcases. AHHHHH.......will have to put some on the line the first totally nice day we get now.

Kaye said...

We have become so accustomed to the dryers, we seldom hang the wash. I can close my eyes and smell the sheets and pillowcases coming in off the line. Heavenly. Sandi I wonder how many of our Buddies remember thw curtain stretchers. Did you or your Mom ever use them?

Wendy said...

Love the smell of clothes dryed outside....finally sunshine here, but its so windy you need rocks in your pockets to hold you down.I did open a couple of windows yesterday...big mistake.... no sing birds.... just howling wind....wish I was there....

Needled Mom said...

How exciting! I can't wait to see the rug in it's place.

Emma's quilt is lovely. What a delight it will be.

Glad that you are enjoying such wonderful weather.

Crispy said...

Wanna come do my windows Sandi???? LOL

Isn't it wonderful to have everything all sparkly and clean? I can hardly wait to see which rug you picked out.

Crispy

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018