Saturday, May 23

The Firefly is back...............

and I hope you enjoy your visit! It's not a big shop (go here for their website) but it is packed full of lovely fabrics, great samples and friendly staff. Owner, Janice, is shown below in the classroom area. Isn't that a gorgeous quilt?

Now, remember that I only went in for "a couple of fat quarters".............

but there were sooooooooo many fabrics...........

and so many colors.....................

and there were patterns and samples...............

and I really spent a lot of time in the corner behind this display because the staff told me it was "Fat Quarter Friday" which meant that all fat quarters were just $1.50 each so, of course, I had to pick up a few and then...........
just when I thought I had covered it all, I went around all the shelves once and back around again .................
and that's why I came out the door with all of this! It's just a little more than "a couple of fat quarters". Now it all had a destination and since you already know that I am behind in posting pics, you'll see where it all went in the next few days!!
I hear thunder! I hope we are going to get rain! I love raindrops on the roof and we are sorely in need of moisture!
Back soon.....
Sandi

5 comments:

pdudgeon said...

looks like a great shop (and a reat haul!) will have to check out their website. i always love to see new(to me) quilt shops

Pat said...

I loved seeing what you bought. I'd love to see that panel (I think it's a panel...with the little one holding a bowl and someone raking or shoveling) opened up all the way in a photo. It looks darling!!! You did a fine job of shopping that day.

Crispy said...

What a tidy bunch of stuff you picked up and to think you actually have plans for all of it!!

Crispy

Needled Mom said...

That is the same thing that happens to me when I go in just to look. Hmmmm. Do you think it's a contagious disease in all quilt shops?

Lorraine said...

Yes...it is a lovely quilt! Whoever made that quilt did an excellent job with her fabric choices. It is as gorgeous as "the original" and I ought to know since I am the designer. :O)

Lorraine

"Peace can be found in the piecing of a quilt."
©SEA 2001-2018